How to Unlock Bootloader on Archos 40c Titanium
The vast majority of Archos 40c Titanium owners are not aware of the feature called the "bootloader". Some people may confuse it with the standard Downloads application, through which files can be downloaded from the Internet. But advanced users know about this term and understand that they need to unlock the bootloader on Archos 40c Titanium.
What is a bootloader and what is it used for?
For a start, it's worth discussing the bootloader itself. Bootloader is the engineering menu of Archos 40c Titanium, which functionally resembles the BIOS on a computer. It allows for deep-level manipulation of the smartphone, not just a factory reset.
By default, the bootloader is locked. This is done so that novice users do not make a fatal mistake when editing the device kernel or brick their Archos 40c Titanium. Still, unlocking the bootloader gives the smartphone owner the following benefits:
- the ability to install custom firmware;
- root rights for extended access to the device;
- installation of mods and patches for the current version of the OS.
Generally, unlocking the bootloader provides the user with a lot of features, but only experienced users can fully appreciate them. If you are one of such users, then it is recommended that you read the detailed instructions for unlocking the bootloader.
Before reading the guide to unlocking the bootloader, you need to take into account a number of dangers inherent to the operation. First, after its completion, Archos 40c Titanium will be automatically void of its warranty, as in the case of obtaining root rights.
Second, after the bootloader is unlocked, system components will become more susceptible to all kinds of threats. Finally, an unlocked phone can be easily recovered by an intruder who has stolen or found the device on the street.
Unlocking the Bootloader
After reviewing the aforementioned info, you can proceed to the procedure itself. It consists of three stages, each of which needs to be carried out by the user.
1. Status Validation
First you need to understand if bootloader is actually locked on your Archos 40c Titanium. After all, it is possible that you purchased the device second hand, and the previous owner has already performed the appropriate steps.
The check is carried out by direct interaction of the phone with the computer. The steps are as follows:
- Download and unzip the ADB and Fastboot debug bridge package to your PC.
- Download and install the driver to interact with the smartphone using the official Android website.
- After installation, the ADB interface should be displayed in the Device Manager.
- Put your smartphone into fastboot mode by first turning it off and holding down the volume down key along with the power button.
- Connect your mobile device to your computer.
- Launch Command Prompt on your PC.
- Enter the following: "cd [path to the adb and fastboot folder]" and press Enter.
- Use the "fastboot devices" command to detect the phone connected to the PC.
- Enter the prompt “fastboot oem device-info” to determine the bootloader status.
In the information displayed by the command line we will be looking for the line "Device unlocked". If the value opposite it is "false", it means that the bootloader is locked. If “true”, bootloader was unlocked earlier.
2. Sending a Request
To remove the bootloader lock on Archos 40c Titanium, you need to send the corresponding application to the manufacturer:
- Open the official website of the firmware developer.
- On the unlock page, click the "Unlock Now" button.
- Authorize your account (it was created when the phone was first set up), and indicate the reason for unlocking (for example, for flashing).
- Confirm ownership of the device using the code from the reply SMS.
Then you will have to wait for the manufacturer to approve the request, and you will be able to use all the functionality of the bootloader.
3. Approval of the Application and Unlocking
To see if you managed to convince the manufacturer to unlock the bootloader on the Archos 40c Titanium, open the request page. If approved, a confirmation will be displayed on that page.
Now the user will be invited to download the software for unlocking the bootloader. It is installed via PC.
Next, you need to open the phone settings, then go to the Developers section and select the "Factory Unlock" item.
In the "Status" you need to go through authorization to the account, which was indicated on the manufacturer's website.
Now put your phone into fastboot mode and run the downloaded software on your computer.
After authorization, you need to connect your smartphone to the PC and confirm the unlocking.
After a couple of minutes, the operation will be completed and the bootloader on the Archos 40c Titanium will be fully unlocked.Share this page with your friends:
How to flash Archos 40c Titanium
How to root Archos 40c Titanium
Hard reset for Archos 40c Titanium
How to reboot Archos 40c Titanium
How to unlock Archos 40c Titanium
What to do if Archos 40c Titanium won't turn on
What to do if Archos 40c Titanium doesn't charge
What to do if Archos 40c Titanium doesn't connect to PC via USB
How to take a screenshot on Archos 40c Titanium
How to reset FRP on Archos 40c Titanium
How to call recording on Archos 40c Titanium
How to update Archos 40c Titanium
How to connect Archos 40c Titanium to TV
How to clear the cache on Archos 40c Titanium
How to backup Archos 40c Titanium
How to disable ads on Archos 40c Titanium
How to clear storage on Archos 40c Titanium
How to increase font on Archos 40c Titanium
How to share internet on Archos 40c Titanium
How to transfer data to Archos 40c Titanium
How to recover photos on Archos 40c Titanium
How to record the screen on Archos 40c Titanium
How to find blacklist in Archos 40c Titanium
How to set up fingerprint on Archos 40c Titanium
How to block number on Archos 40c Titanium
How to enable auto-rotate on Archos 40c Titanium
How to set up or turn off an alarm on Archos 40c Titanium
How to Unlock Bootloader on Another Phones